Initiatives/Accomplishments of Indian Railways in Last One Year
Followings are the initiatives/ achievements of Ministry of Railways in the last one year:-
PASSENGER SERVICES & AMENITIES
1. All Indian helpline no. 138 established for passengers to register complaints etc.
2. All India Security helpline 182 established to help report any unsavory events.
3. A ‘Customer Criticism Web Portal and Mobile Application’ (Android/Windows based mobile program) established.
4. The scheme of paper less unreserved ticketing began. The very first aviator introduced in the Egmore -Tambaram Suburban Section of Chennai.
5. Next generation e ticketing system introduced raising booking speed by around 4 times.
6. E- catering services introduced in 134 pairs of trains having a view to serve the passengers at their seat meal by placing order by means of SMS a phone call or website.
7. The facility of SMS alarms started on telling the status of tickets that were reserved.
8. SMS alarms to give wake up calls.
9. Yatri Ticket /Sewa Kendra (YTSK) Scheme launched to allow private agents to manage ticketing terminals for selling reserved as well as unreserved tickets.
10.RO drinking water units commissioned at Dwarka, Gadag, HNZM, Katihar, Madurai and Tirupati Stations.
11. Passenger comforts were enhanced at 108 stations beneath the scheme of Adarsh Stations during 2014 15.
12.Indian Railways began six pilgrims special tourist trains to cover Hindu Pilgrim centres, Jain Pilgrim centres and Sikh Pilgrim centers. Pilgrim that is more distinct centers being planned in succeeding stages.
13. As a way to enhance security measures choice taken to supply CCTV cameras on train coaches.
14. Cellular Program for security of girls established in Mumbai suburban trains in the initial stage.
15.Wifi services now made available on 9 stations. Comprise Bengaluru, Secunderabad, Ahmedabad, Agra, Varanasi, Howrah, Chennai and Mumbai CST. More stations in periods.
16.Indian Railways participating in the ‘Swachch Bharat Abhiyan’. Different directorate for Housekeeping and Environment created. Integrated policy for cleanliness is under formulation.
17.More than 10159 bio-toilets are fitted till March 2015.
18.Added 83 numbers of trains are covered under On Board Housekeeping Scheme taking absolute coverage to around 500 trains.
19.Mechanised laundries for supplying clean linen set up at 6 new places taking total to 33 laundries.
20.Dustbins to be provided in non AC coaches additionally.
21.First ‘Green’ DEMU train introduced on Northern Railway to run betwee4n Rewari-Rohtak section.
22.Disposable bags for garbage disposal happen to be began as a pilot project in Mumbai-Amritsar Punjab post.
23.NIFT, Delhi has been employed for designing of bedroll etc.
24.E ticketing portal site in Hindi is ready for launching.
25.On-Line booking of retiring rooms practical.
26.Directions are issued to supply cellular charging facilities in most new general class coaches. Mobile billing facilities will be supplied in 3000 present coaches in 201516.
27.E-concierge services began in 22 railway stations.
28.Online booking of retiring rooms purposeful.
29.Instructions have already been issued to supply mobile charging facilities in most new general class coaches. Mobile billing facilities will be supplied in 3000 existing coaches in 2015 16.
30.E-concierge services began in 22 railway stations.
31.Instructions issued for TTEs to help senior citizens/pregnant girls to get lower berths.
32.Directions are issued for reserving mid bay for women & Senior citizens.
33.E-Samiksha established for on line tracking of implementation of railway Budget statements.
34.Directions issued for organizing training of frontline staffs on soft skills.
35.E-demand system for booking freight demands on line.
36.Bid powers delegated to zonal railway degree.
37.E-tendering and e-auction introduced.
38.Railways singed MoU to set up its Railway Design Centre in collaboration with National Institute of Design (NID).
39.Railway constituted Kayakalp Council under the chairmanship of Ratan Tata.
40.The procedure for setting in place a regulator was initiated.
41.MoU signed for Railway Research Centre at Mumbai University.
42.Indian Railways to utilize Solar Power. 30 KW Solar Plant has been commissioned at roof top of Rail Bhawan at New Delhi. Katra Station now solar powered.
43.Life Insurance Corporation (LIC) to provide the highest ever capital of Rs. 1.5 lakh crore to Indian Railways – a landmark achievement.
44.Three independent MOUs were signed with all the states of Orissa, Jharkand and Chhatisgarh for crucial coal connectivity projects to enhance transfer of coal.
45.In 2014-15, 1983 km of railway lines have been commissioned and 1375 kilometers of railway electrification completed. Here is the greatest ever performance of Indian Railways.
46.A new ‘Rail Neer’ plant for package drinking water set up at Ambernath (Mumbai).
47.Train Wheel Plant, Bela commissioned and routine generation began.
48.Diesel loco factory at Varanasi being expanded.
49.DEMU factory at Haldia was commissioned and Mid-life Rehabilitation Workshop for coaches at Jhansi finished.
50.Indian Railways and Ministry of Water Resources to jointly work for creating logistics hearts with train connectivity on National Waterways.
51.The scheme of open bid on ‘as is where is’ basis introduced for redevelopment of railway stations.
52.Understanding for World Bank loan of US $ 1100 million for Eastern Dedicated Freight Corridor (DFC) (Phase 2) signed.
53.Electrification contract for 945 kilometer of Western DFC awarded.
54.100 % FDI allowed in identified areas of railway sector and sectoral guidelines on FDI invented.
55.New directions happen to be issued on 10th April, 2015 to liberalize the private cargo terminal policy.
56.Railroad connectivity to Dighi Port approved through PPP.
57.The much awaited Lumding-Silchar Broad gauge section inaugurated giving seamless BG connectivity to Barak Valley of Assam with all the remaining state.
58.Meghalaya comes on the railway map with the flagging off the first ever train from Guwahati to Medipathar in Meghalaya by the Prime Minister.
59.The Prime Minister laid the basis for a brand new line to take railway connectivity to Mizoram’s capital Aizwal.
60.Director train connectivity started from Delhi to Itanagar, the capital of Arunachal Pradesh.
61.The first ever perishable cargo centre set up Adarsh Nagar station in Delhi to help farmers.
62.During 201415, the Railways’ total gains were Rs.157880.50 crore, registering an increase of 12.16 per cent over last year.
63.During 2014 15, Railways carried 1097.578 million tonnes of revenue earning freight, showing an increase of 4.18 per cent over the last year.
64.Railways succeeded in attaining the 91.1% goal of operating ratio in 2014 15 which is an advancement over 93.6% reached in 2013-14.
HIGH SPEED TRAINS
65.Interim Report of feasibility study by Japan for Bullet Train on Mumbai-Ahemdabad corridor received. The final report expected in June. China to undertake feasibility study of introducing Bullet Train on New Delhi-Chennai hallway.
66. Indian Railways given helping hand through the Nepal earthquake tragedy by transporting Nepal evacuees and by supplying ‘Rail Neer’ bottles. Likewise, Railways also helped during the J&K floods. In extending help to the Indian nationals returning from Yemen also Railways were in the forefront.